Important Land Resources and Information
Whatever you use your land for, having the right information available can be critical. That’s why Tom Smith Land and Homes has put together this comprehensive collection of useful links and resources to help you make the most out of your land investment.
Sport Fish Suppliers and Stocking Guidelines for Stocking MS Ponds
NRCS Announces Conservation Stewardship Program Sign-Up
2022-2023 Hunting Seasons White-Tailed DeerView Mississippi WFP White-tailed Deer Hunting Seasons 2022-2023
Preparing Your Land For Marketing and Sale
USDA-NRCS IN MISSISSIPPI ANNOUNCES ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY INCENTIVES PROGRAM SIGN-UP
NRCS Announces Conservation Funding Opportunities for FY2022
USDA Publishes Final Rule for Conservation Stewardship Program
30 Year CRP Offered Nationwide
USDA Seeks New Partnership of Safeguard, Restore Wetland Ecosystems
Buying Recreational Land in the Time of Covid-19
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
NRCS Announces Emergency Equip Sign-Up
2019 Land Market Survey by RLI
USDA-NRCS Now Accepting Applications for ACEP
Boone and Crockett
Ducks Unlimited – Mississippi
Mississippi Forestry Association
USDA Farm Bill
Mississippi State University Extension
Wetland Reserve Easements in Mississippi
Funds Available to Mississippi for Longleaf Pine Initiative
Environmental Geology – MS Department of Environmental Quality
Real Estate Tax Tips From the IRS
Websites Where We Advertise
Websites that advertise our properties! See something you are interested in? Be sure to call one of our real estate professionals at Tom Smith Land and Homes.
- What are Conservation Programs? CLICK HERE!
- What is CSP (Conservation Stewardship Program)? CLICK HERE!
- Links to other programs of the Natural Resources Conservation Service – CLICK HERE!
Land Mortgage Folks
Check Out These Great Articles…
- PotlatchDeltic Hunting Tips (by Tom Smith Feb 8, 2019)
- Hosting Freedom (September/October 2019 issue of Forest Landowner Magazine)
- PotlatchDeltic TOM SMITH (Summer 2018, Issue 3 – Volume 7)
- Mississippi Ranked No. 1 For Deer Hunting in 2016 (by Brian Broom)
- Habitat Management Publications (by MSU Deer Lab)
- Quality Vegetation Management (by Scott Edwards, Steve Damarais, Ph. D., Bronson Strickland)
- Income Tax Deduction for Timber Casualty Loss (by MSU Extension Service)