Important Land Resources and Information
Whatever you use your land for, having the right information available can be critical. That’s why Tom Smith Land & Homes has put together this comprehensive collection of useful links and resources to help you make the most out of your land investment.
2018-2019 Hunting Seasons White-Tailed Deer
Mississippi State University Extension
Wetland Reserve Easements in Mississippi
Funds Available to Mississippi for Longleaf Pine Initiative
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
2014 Farm Bill
Environmental Geology – MS Department of Environmental Quality
Real Estate Tax Tips From the IRS
- Recommendations for Wild Turkey Management (National Wild Turkey Federation) – CLICK HERE!
Websites Where We Advertise
Websites that advertise our properties! See something you are interested in? Be sure to call one of our real estate professionals at Tom Smith Land and Homes.
- What are Conservation Programs? CLICK HERE!
- What is WRP (Wetlands Reserve Program)? CLICK HERE!
- What is GRP (Grasslands Reserve Program)? CLICK HERE!
- What is CSP (Conservation Stewardship Program)? CLICK HERE!
- Links to other programs of the Natural Resources Conservation Service – CLICK HERE!
Land Mortgage Folks
Check Out These Great Articles…
- PotlatchDeltic TOM SMITH (Summer 2018, Issue 3 – Volume 7)
- Mississippi Ranked No. 1 For Deer Hunting in 2016 (by Brian Broom)
- Habitat Management Publications (by MSU Deer Lab)
- Quality Vegetation Management (by Scott Edwards, Steve Damarais, Ph. D., Bronson Strickland)
- Income Tax Deduction for Timber Casualty Loss (by MSU Extension Service)