• 1,280± ACRE HUNTING TRACT IN ST. LANDRY PARISH, LA
• MOSTLY HARDWOOD TIMBERLAND ENROLLED IN A WRP PROGRAM
• LOCATED AT A DEAD END WITH PRIVATE ROAD ACCESS BY ARTIGUE ROAD
• GATED ENTRY AND A SECLUD-ED 1,800 SF RESIDENCE BUILT IN 2016 ON ONE SEPARATE PRIVATE ACRE
• RESIDENCE FEATURES LARGE LIVING ROOM, FOUR BEDROOMS, THREE FULL BATHS
• FABULOUS KITCHEN WITH GAS STOVE, STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, GRANITE EATING AREA, CUSTOM CYPRESS CABINETS, AND LARGE UTILITY ROOM WITH A SINK
• ADDITIONAL OUTDOOR KITCHEN AREA FOR ENTERTAINING
• LARGE SHOP AREA , PATIO WITH FIRE PIT, COVERED CEMENT PARKING
• CITY WATER, PRIVATE SEPTIC TANK, SLEMCO ELECTRICITY, SECURITY SYSTEM WITH ACADIAN ALARM
• TIMBER CUT IN 2011 WITH 12-YEAR-OLD REGROWTH ON THE TRACT
• LOCATED NEAR MELVILLE & KROTZ SPRINGS, LA, NEAR THE ATCHAFALAYA BASIN FLOODWAY
• ESTABLISHED ROAD SYSTEM THROUGHOUT THE PROPERTY
• SIXTEEN CUSTOM RED NECK BOX STANDS, BOW MILLENNIUM LOC-ON AND LADDER STANDS
• EIGHTEEN BOSS BUCK FEEDERS AND NUMEROUS MINERAL LICKS
• TACTACAM DIGITAL REAL-TIME CAMERAS MONITOR THE PLOTS
• THREE-ACRE POND WITH CYPRESS TREES
• WILDLIFE INCLUDES DEER, DUCKS, RABBITS, TURKEYS, SQUIRRELS, AND VARIOUS BIRDS
• CONVENIENTLY LOCATED WITHIN 35 MINUTES OF LAFAYETTE, OPELOUSAS AREA, AND BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA
Welcome to Buck Bayou! This 1,280± acre hunting tract is mostly hardwood timberland and is currently enrolled in a WRP program. This St. Landry Parish, LA, property is located at a dead end with private road access by Artigue Road with gated entry and a wonderful, secluded 1,800 sf residence built in 2016 on one separate private acre. This spacious retreat has a large living room, four bedrooms, and three full baths and will comfortably sleep ten people. The fabulous kitchen features a large gas stove, stainless steel appliances, a large, beautiful granite eating area, and numerous custom cypress cabinets with lots of storage and a large utility room with a sink. Outside the main house is an additional outdoor kitchen cooking area approximately 32ft x 62ft, perfect for entertaining family or customers, and an excellent gathering area after a great day of hunting. This share also includes a large shop area of approximately 18ft x 42ft, a patio that is about 21ft x 21ft with a fire pit, and covered cement parking of about 30ft x 30ft. The property has access to city water, a private septic tank, and SLEMCO electricity. The home features a security system with Acadian Alarm. The timber was cut in 2011, and has 12-year-old of regrowth have already started on the tract. Soybean/corn fields and large timber holding companies surround the property. The deer genetics in this area is superb. The regrowth has become a deer factory for older-class bucks living in the area. This Louisiana deer hunting tract is located near Melville & Krotz Springs, LA, near the Atchafalaya Basin floodway. There is an excellent established road system throughout the property, and the hunting couldn’t be easier with sixteen custom Red Neck box stands and numerous bow millennium loc-on and ladder stands, overlooking eighteen Boss Buck feeders and numerous mineral licks. TACTACAM Digital real-time cameras monitor the plots. This hunting paradise includes a three-acre pond with cypress trees and is truly an outdoorsman’s dream. The property contains ducks, rabbits, turkeys, squirrels, and deer, surrounded by tranquil nature and various types of birds. The property is conveniently located within 35 minutes of Lafayette, Opelousas area, and 35 minutes of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If you are looking to hunt thousands of acres but not deal with a larger club, this is for you!
Artigue Road, Krotz Springs, Louisiana 70750
Directions from US-61 and US-190 in Baton Rouge, LA: Travel west on US-190 for 36.0 miles. Take the LA-105 Exit, in .3 miles, turn left onto LA-105/N Levee Rd, in 6.0 miles, turn left onto Schexnayder Ln, in 1.4 miles, turn left onto Artigue Rd, in 1.0 mile, the property will start at the gated entrance.
Inquire About This Property
Preston Smith is the Managing Broker of Tom Smith Land and Homes in Brookhaven. His hard work, charisma, and genuine passion for real estate have helped him build a reputation as a qualified real estate professional. Preston has specialized in recreational, hunting, and timber tracts with Tom Smith Land and Homes for eight years. He is a skilled leader in the Brookhaven office and enjoys helping the agents grow. His office has been named a Multi-Million dollar producer every year and is the number 1 brokerage in Brookhaven, Mississippi. Preston is licensed in both Mississippi and Louisiana. He is a native of Southwest Mississippi and Southeast Louisiana. His love and knowledge of the great states of Mississippi and Louisiana are attractive attributes and have benefitted his clients in the buying and selling processes. Preston is a seasoned sportsman and enjoys all things outdoors, hunting and fishing.
- Recreational Properties